Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Love Bug - Finally finished!

I have finally finished my love bug. This little knitted toy ended up coming together a little differently than planned all because I switched needles.

I started with an Amy Gaines pattern from her latest book "Little Knitted Creatures" for the lady bug. For the body I used magic cast on instead of having to stitch the front and back together. I thought that pair of circular needles read size 6, but when I used regular size 6 needles for the wings they came out HUGE. Other than that I think it came out really cute. My knitted heart appliques (free knitting pattern show be in the post just below this one) turned out to be perfect spots and I LOVE the heart-shaped, shell buttons I found at Joann's for the eyes.

My daughters are already eyeing this toy for their own, but I am going to make theirs in lavender and rose and use magic cast on for the appendages as well this time. I promise this next project I am going to remember to take step by step pictures!